Residents are invited to join a Teams call on Nov. 8
The Tewksbury Conservation Commission is proposing to update the Tewksbury Wetland Protection Bylaw and regulations.
The proposed changes include, but may not be limited to:
1. Making application procedures and timeframes more consistent with the Massachusetts Wetland Protection Act and its associated regulations (310 CMR 10.00);
2. Improving the 50-foot No Build Zone performance standards;
3. Updating the terms and definitions;
4. Addressing how constructed stormwater management systems should be regulated;
5. Improving language used to describe waivers allowed under the Bylaw;
6. Placing the governance of “minor exempt activities” within the Commission’s regulations; and
7. Having the regulations incorporate more “minor exempt activities” as are allowed under 310 CMR 10.00.
Town staff will hold a virtual meeting to discuss the proposed changes to the Bylaw & regulations on Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2023, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Residents can access and take part in the meeting directly at this link. Alternatively, access the meeting by visiting the Teams website and entering the following information:
Meeting ID: 278 602 103 227
More information and details on how to access the meeting can be found on the Conservation Commission’s page of the town website. If you have questions, please contact Joe Fontaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A marked up version of the bylaw from the Oct. 3 Special Town Meeting warrant is available here: