We’re celebrating National Library Week by launching a new monthly column
Please welcome guest contributor Nicole Goolishian, assistant director of the Tewksbury Public Library. Her new column will highlight library services and provide a heads up on events scheduled for the following month that may fill up quickly
By Nicole Goolishian, Assistant Director, Tewksbury Public Library
Did you know there is a whole world of digital content available 24/7 through the Tewksbury Public Library? Look no further for all the details you need to access free eBooks, audiobooks and magazines, directly from your computer, smartphone or tablet!
Libby is the library’s eBook app, available in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or directly through your web browser, where you can read eBooks, listen to audiobooks or read dozens of digital magazines, all in one place. To access the library’s shared digital collection through Libby, you’ll just need your library card barcode number and PIN to log-in.
Below is a FAQ to help you get started:
- What if I lost my library card? No problem! Stop by the Front Desk to get a free replacement card.
- What is my PIN? The last four digits of your library card number or the last four digits of the phone number on your library account. Please call the Front Desk for assistance and library staff can reset your PIN.
- What devices are compatible with Libby? Apple and Android devices including smartphones and tablets are compatible. Kindle devices including Kindle Fires and Kindle Paperwhites are also compatible. Additionally, you can access Libby through libbyapp.com on an up to date browser in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari.
- What eBooks and audiobooks are available with Libby? Through Tewksbury’s network, the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium, you’ll have access to thousands of eBooks and audiobooks including new releases and bestsellers. Also, with your library card, you can access eBook collections from other Massachusetts library networks – all for free! You may need to place an item on hold but you can receive alerts to know when an item is ready for you to borrow.
- Can I use Libby on my Kindle Fire? Yes! The Libby app is not currently available to download in the Amazon Store but there is a workaround for downloading Libby to your Kindle Fire. A step-by-step guide is available through Libby here.
Library staff are here to answer your questions about eBooks! Please visit the TPL website at www.tewksburypl.org or call the Reference Desk at 978-640-4490 x207 for assistance with accessing Libby.
Looking for more from TPL? Check out these fun and free events coming up in May:
- 20s & 30s: In Person Intro to D & D, Saturday, May 13, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Register here.
- Adult: Virtual Lioness of Boston – The Life of Isabella Stewart Gardner, Monday, May 8, 7 – 8 p.m. Register here.
- Children: In Person Children’s Concert with Matt Heaton, Friday, May 26 1 – 2 p.m. No registration required. More information here.
- Teen: In Person Board Game Meet and Greet for grades 6-12, Thursday, May 18, 10:30 a.m. – noon. Register here.
Library hours are Monday through Wednesday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. The digital library through Libby is available 24/7.