Tewksbury resident Brad Tosto has provided information on a community meeting to discuss a new retail marijuana outlet at 2504 Main St., site of the former Sal’s Pizza shop.
The town does not yet officially have the ability to issue retail pot licenses. On Oct. 3, Special Town Meeting will be asked to approve rezoning and authorize the Select Board to approve these proposals in a process described as similar to granting a retail liquor license.
Residents wishing to vote in October should confirm that they are registered.
Notice of Community Outreach Meeting: Cannafords Inc dba (“Sundaze’)
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Place: Tewksbury Wilmington Elks Lodge, 777 South St., Tewksbury, MA 01876
Subject matter: Recreational adult-use marijuana
Proposed address: 2504 Main St., Tewksbury, MA 01876
Notice is hereby given by Cannafords Inc (“Sundaze”) that a Community Outreach Meeting for a proposed retail marijuana establishment is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 30, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. at the Tewksbury Wilmington Elks Lodge, 777 South St, Tewksbury, MA 01876.
The proposed retail marijuana establishment is anticipated to be located at 2504 Main St., Tewksbury, MA 01876. There will be an opportunity for the public to ask questions.
The meeting will cover, at a minimum, the following topics:
- The proposed location and type of the marijuana establishment;
- The building being moved into and compliance with security requirements as outlined by 935 CMR 500 et seq. (the Massachusetts adult-use marijuana regulations);
- Steps taken by Sundaze to prevent the diversion of marijuana to minors;
- Sundaze’s plan to positively impact the local community; and
- Information demonstrating how Sundaze intends to ensure that location will not constitute a nuisance to the community as defined by the law.
A copy of this notice is filed with the town clerk, the planning board, the Town Manager and the Select Board.
A copy of this notice was mailed at least seven calendar days prior to the community outreach meeting to abutters of the proposed address of the marijuana establishment, owners of land directly opposite on any public or private street or way, and abutters to the abutters within three hundred feet of the property line of the petitioner as they appear on the most recent applicable tax list, notwithstanding that the land of any such owner is located in another city or town.
The Company’s website is sundazedispensary.com.