The pandemic and resulting “Great Resignation” propelled 4.3 million new business applications to be filed in 2020, a record jump from the previous year, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
To empower this new class of American entrepreneurs to succeed, Staples will award 20 small businesses each $5,000 in Staples Gift Cards to fund their startup needs. The program is being administered in partnership with wiseHer, an on-demand advice network for small businesses.
WiseHer is based here in Massachusetts and connects individuals with top consultants, mentors, coaches and executives who can help them go farther, faster in business or a career.
Staples will award a total of $100,000 in $5,000 increments. The application period opened today, Nov. 18, and closes at 8 p.m. EDT on Dec. 18, 2021.
To be eligible, a small business must be based in the United States and have:
- A live business presence, proof of which will be a website URL, Google My Business listing, Facebook Business page, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn company page;
- Fewer than 10 full-time employees, excluding the owner;
- A compelling origin story of why you started your business;
- A compelling story that shares how being selected as a winner would positively impact your business; and
- A listing in the Staples Community Business Directory, which is free.
To enter, go to the contest page on the wiseHer site.