Conservation Commission presents first of two information and discussion sessions
The Tewksbury Conservation Commission is proposing to update the Tewksbury Wetland Protection Bylaw and regulations. The proposed changes include, but may not be limited to:
- Making application procedures and timeframes more consistent with the Massachusetts Wetland Protection Act and its associated regulations (310 CMR 10.00),
- Improving the 50-foot No Build Zone performance standards,
- Updating terms and definitions,
- Addressing how constructed stormwater management systems should be regulated,
- Improving language used to describe waivers allowed under the Bylaw,
- Placing the governance of “minor exempt activities” within the Commission’s regulations, and
- Having the regulations incorporate more “minor exempt activities” as are allowed under 310 CMR 10.00.
Town staff will hold a virtual meeting to discuss the proposed changes to the Bylaw & regulations on Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2023, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Meeting ID: 278 602 103 227
Details on how to access the meeting can also be found on the Conservation Commission’s page of the town website. If you have questions, please contact Joe Fontaine at email@example.com.