Veterans’ initiative poised to be adopted by the state Democratic committee
Tewksbury’s senator, Seth Moulton, provided some updates for the district.
MassDems Veterans Support Add-on Inclusion Seth’s proposal to include Veterans as add-on delegates at future Massachusetts Democratic Party conventions received the formal support of the MassDems Veterans & Military Families Subcommittee during last week’s meeting of the Massachusetts Democratic Party State Committee. You can read more about this amendment here.
Funding for the 6th Infrastructure and climate resiliency, expanded workforce development and veterans services, and investments in childcare and education were among the 15 projects and $13 million Community Improvement Project Funding secured by Seth and his team.
Those projects include:
- $2.88 million to replace water mains and sewer pipes in Groveland, Amesbury, and Salem
- $250,000 for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to study contaminated waterways and harbors in New England
- $1.92 million toward a PFAS Water Filtration Systems in Wilmington and Manchester
- $1.35 million for Wakefield and Tewksbury to invest in separated bike lanes, pathways, and sidewalks
- $850,000 for Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School District to renovate aging buildings and construct a veteran outreach center
- $1 million for the expansion of the McPherson Youth Center in Beverly
- $960,000 to upgrade the wastewater treatment facility in Rockport
- $1 million for renovation and expansion of the LEO Childcare Center in Lynn
- $1.05 million toward Pathways for Children building upgrades in Gloucester
- $1 million toward the completion of housing for extremely low-income and very low-income seniors in Lynn
Constituent Services Fair
When: Friday August 18th, 2pm–4pm
Where: North Shore Community College’s Lynn Campus (300 Broad Street)
If you’re looking for help from a government agency or community organization, whether it’s a local, state, or federal issue, Rep. Moulton’s constituency office staff are here to help. The nearly 30 participants will include the Disability Resource Center, Greater Lynn Senior Services, the IRS and Tax Advocate Services, Lifebridge, Lowell Veterans Center, Lynn Housing Authority and Neighborhood Development, MassHealth, MassHire, Office of Mayor Nicholson, Office of Senator Crighton, Nahant’s and Salem’s Veteran Service Officers, Northeast Legal Aid, Peabody Council on Aging, Registry of Motor Vehicles,Small Business Administration, Social Security Administration, the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development, and more.
Job Opening Finally, Rep. Moulton’s constituency office in Salem is hiring a Regional Director. Check out the job description and apply here.