Planning a trip? You can brush up on your vocabulary for free
By Nicole Goolishian, Assistant Director, Tewksbury Public Library
Looking to learn a new language but not sure where to start? Look no further than the free Mango Languages app available with your Tewksbury Library card!
• What is Mango Languages? Mango is a versatile language learning tool that helps you stick with your goals and build your knowledge of reading, writing, and speaking in another language through consistent practice.
Mango’s all-in-one interface makes tracking your progress easy and fun, too!
• How does Mango work? Mango’s exercises work with you by learning how you learn and adapting exercises to suit your learning style. The app and website feature memory-building exercises, critical-thinking exercises and grammar and culture notes. Mango goes beyond the basics to give you real-life tips with a mix of listening and reading activities to help build context and work on your pronunciations.
• What devices are compatible with Mango? Apple and Android devices including smartphones and tablets are compatible. The Mango Languages app is available, for free, in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Additionally, you can access Mango on an up-to-date browser in Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari on your computer here.
• How do I start using Mango? Download the app or visit the Mango website through tewksburypl.org, plug in your TPL library card number, and create a free account.
• What if I lost my library card? No problem! Stop by the Front Desk to get a free replacement card today. Library staff are here to answer your questions. Please visit tewksburypl.org or call 978-640- 4490 for assistance.
Looking for more from TPL? Check out these fun and free events coming up in August:
• Adult: In Person 1-on-1 Tech Help, Fridays in August, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Register for a half-hour time slot here.
• Children: In Person Princess Party, Tuesday, August 8, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. No registration required. More information here.
• Teen: In Person Summer Challenge Finale for grades 6-12, Friday, August 11, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Register here before the event fills up.
Summer library hours are Monday through Wednesday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. The library is closed Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day.
Free eContent, including eBooks, are available 24/7 at tewksburypl.org.