Clerk outlines 6 benefits of annual count
Town Clerk Denise Graffeo would like to remind residents about the importance of returning the Annual Town Census form as soon as possible. A prompt and accurate census is very important, for a number of reasons. And when residents return the census form promptly, that prevents the town from having to do another costly mailing.
Graffeo says forms should arrive in mailboxes starting today and within the next few days. Residents should follow up if they haven’t received a census form by the end of this week.
If you are a new resident or if you do not receive a census form, please notify the Town Clerk’s Office by phone at 978-640-4355 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are six reasons to return the form:
1. The Census provides information to assure that the town receives its fair share of state and federal funds and grants.
2. It is also used for calculating veterans’ benefits, housing for the elderly and other related veterans’ and elderly benefits.
3. The census information serves to provide proof of residency to protect voting rights and to maintain the voting list, preventing needless delays at your voting precinct. Any previously registered voter who has not returned their Annual Census for two consecutive years will be added to the Inactive Voters List and therefore, by law, will be required to fill out an Affirmation of Current and Continuous Residence form and provide identification to prove continuous residency in the Town of Tewksbury.
4. The school census provides projections for future enrollments and related benefits, which allows our school administrators to apply for additional state and federal funds and grants.
5. The census allows college students to apply for lower tuition at all Massachusetts State Colleges and provides proof of residence. By law we can only certify that you live in Tewksbury if you are listed in the census records. Owning property is not used for proof of residency.
6. For the convenience of dog owners, you will find a dog registration form attached to the bottom of the census form. By state law, all dogs six months of age or older must be registered.
Residents are welcome to visit the Town Clerk’s page of our municipal website for more information relative to the Annual Town Census and to find answers to FAQs.
[…] Residents Asked to Return Town Census PromptlyBy Tewksbury PR PartnerClerk outlines 6 benefits of annual count Leave a Comment […]