Producers seeking a veteran or active duty family to be featured
Producers of the award-winning home improvement show Military Makeover with Montel are looking for a Massachusetts military family to be featured in the series, which is hosted by decorated veteran Montel Williams. The show, now in its 23rd season, is coming to Boston in partnership with GE Aerospace.
Military Makeover will chronicle the room-by-room renovations of a home owned by a veteran or active duty servicemember. The reno may include kitchen and furniture upgrades, new paint and flooring, a landscape makeover and more. The military family will have input on the style, look and feel of their renovated home and may work closely with the show’s designers and vendors.
To be considered, the military person:
- Must have an honorable discharge (DD 214) or be an active armed forces member;
- Must have been deployed;
- Must undergo a full background check;
- Since Military Makeover airs nationally, must consent to appear on the program and give producers the right to use their images and story in marketing campaigns;
- Must be available for telephone consultation(s) and taping prior to the actual week of the reno as the program will film “before” areas of the home and the back story of the veteran and family; and
- Must own (or hold a mortgage on) their home.
The producers work with decorators, designers, landscapers and others across the country. Do you know a family that may qualify? They can fill out the application here.
And let Hidden Battles know!
Be First to Comment