The Tewksbury School Committee is currently searching for the next Superintendent of Schools, who will begin serving on July 1. To help the Committee with this most important decision, it is seeking individuals to serve on an advisory Preliminary Screening Committee to review applications, interview semi-finalists and recommend finalists to the School Committee.
The Screening Committee will be comprised of twelve (12) individuals representing various groups as follows:
● Four parents, including one parent of a special education student
● Three teachers
● One Central Office administrator
● One building principal
● One community member
● One student
● One School Committee member
The School Committee representative will be Bridget Garabedian, who was elected at the most recent meeting.
This important task will require Screening Committee members to commit to the following meeting schedule. It is extremely important that members are able to commit to all dates and be present for all semi-finalist interviews. Only those present at all interviews will be able to take part in the selection of finalists to send to the full School Committee.
● Wednesday, March 23 at 6:00 p.m.: Meeting with Search Consultant from the Massachusetts Association of School Committees (MASC), receive charge from the School Committee, arrange to receive candidate materials and begin to formulate interview questions.
● Wednesday, March 30 at 6:00 p.m.: Select semi-finalists
● Monday, April 4 at 6:00 p.m.: Semi-finalist interviews
● Tuesday, April 5 at 6:00 p.m.: Semi-finalist interviews
● Wednesday, April 6 at 6:00 p.m.: Semi-finalist interviews
● Thursday, April 7 at 6:00 p.m.: Semi-finalist interviews and selection of finalists
If you are interested in serving as a community representative member on the Preliminary Screening Committee, please submit a letter of interest to the School Committee by Friday, March 11 at 5:00 p.m. In your letter, please identify the group that you wish to represent and outline your qualifications for the Committee.
Applicants should have the ability to work as part of a team and have a strong interest in the Tewksbury Public Schools. Committee members must commit to keep the proceedings completely confidential.
Please address letters of interest to Keith Sullivan, Chair, Tewksbury School Committee, and submit them to Gail Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 11 at 5:00 p.m., with the subject line “Superintendent Screening Committee.”
The makeup of the Screening Committee members will be announced at a Special School Committee meeting on Wednesday, March 16.
Sullivan thanks residents, on behalf of the Tewksbury School Committee, in advance, for their participation in this very important process.
Be First to Comment