Today marks the last Thursday residents will find the Tewksbury Community Market at its summer home beside the Library. Next week, the Market is relocating to Livingston St., near the playground, for the month of September.
It will also open one hour earlier — operating from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 2, Sept. 9, Sept. 16, Sept. 23 and Sept. 30.
Organizers say the move will allow them to improve the experience in a number of ways besides that earlier start, including:
- Increasing the number of weekly vendors from 30 to 40;
- Reintroducing live music, space for community groups and family activities;
- Enabling customers to enjoy the park’s existing amenities, including playground, pavilion, skate park, courts and fields;
- Tripling the number of customer parking spots, to 250;
- Making the market more handicap accessible, including locating 10 handicap spaces at the market’s main entrance;
- Providing public restrooms (portapotties) for customers;
- Creating a safer environment for customers, from crosswalks and speedbumps to having multiple market entrances and exits;
- Collaborating with the existing youth and adult sports leagues that play in the nearby fields; and
- Becoming a “rain or shine market” – no more rain-outs!
Today, residents can visit Market from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. for its last hurrah at the current location, next to the Tewksbury Public Library. The August 26 market will feature 30+ vendors, including food trucks Thwaites Market (handheld meat pies), Wanderlust (ribs, corn, chorizo, cheesy focaccia, beet hummus), The Cookie Monstah (ice cream cookie sandwiches, cookies), Kona Ice of Mass (shaved ice) and The Whoo(pie) Wagon (whoopie pies).
This week’s market will also host charity lemonade stand Lemons Bring Love. Seems that good karma translated into a dry, albeit hot, day. The Whoo(pie) Wagon is accepting pre-orders until today at noon for pick-up.
The Sept. 2 market will feature 40 vendors. Visit the Tewksbury Community Market website for a full list.
For more vendors and updates, visit the Tewksbury Community Market’s website or its Facebook (@TewksburyMarket), Twitter (@TewksburyMarket) and Instagram (@TewksburyCommunityMarket.
Be First to Comment